The Digital Ambler is a blog on the Internet about things that interest me and that may interest you. Originally begun as a tributary board for XaTuring, a modern divinity of the Internet, in 2011 I began to write about my life and practice as a ceremonial magician in the Western Hermetic tradition. Ever since, I’ve been taking public notes of my crafts and progress in the Great Work, if for no other reason to keep myself in line and have things written down and somewhat organized for future use. On The Digital Ambler, you can expect to find discussions about geomancy and astrology, divination, Renaissance European ceremonial magic, Alexandrian Egyptian and Empire-period Judaean proto-Hermetic material, and the occasional Lukumí or orisha discussion, along with plenty else besides.
Feel free to follow along and amble with me, ask me things, or suggest things for me to ramble about. Occasionally I’ll put up goodies or other cool things that may come in use in your own hobbies, if you happen to walk a similar path as mine. On this site, you’ll find the following sections:
- About — The very page your eyes descry, dear reader. A brief description of this blog and the stuff on it.
- Geomancy Posts — An index of the geomancy-related posts I’ve written, loosely categorized by topic and area.
- Post Series — A summary of all the multi-part post series I’ve written over the years, with links to each of the individual posts.
- Red Work Course — Information regarding the Red Work Course I share to those who are interested in Fr. Rufus Opus’ approach to Hermetic magic.
- Books — A list of publications, books, and ebooks I’ve made for purchase or download.
- Contact — A page with a form to send email to me.
- Crafts — Pictures and descriptions of the things I’ve made relevant to the Work.
- Occult — Layouts and processes of rituals, consecrations, guides, &c.
- Prayers — Prayers, hymns, and other orations to various entities or Entity.
- Chaplets of the Archangels — Catholic-style formats for prayers involving chaplets for the lesser-known archangels of God.
- Cyprianic Prayers — Prayers and orations oriented towards Saints Cyprian of Antioch, Justina, and Theocistus.
- Hermetic Prayers — Prayers attributed to Hermes Trismegistus from the Corpus Hermeticum and other Hermetic wisdom texts.
- Services — Rituals, consultations, divination readings, and other things I provide as a service.
Besides the pages above, you can also browse my blog post by post, by the innumerable tags that accompany each post for a futile attempt at organization, use the search bar provided on the main page, or you can browse the posts by the high-level categories instead:
- Occult — Divination, astrology, magic, incantations, and whatever else that might be done or studied.
- PGM — Posts regarding the fun content of the Greek Magical Papyri (PGM), along with the related Demotic Magical Papyri (PDM), classical Coptic magic, the Sepher ha-Razim, and other similar texts.
- Philosophy — Theology, mythology, philosophy, and other kinds of thinking.
- Geomancy — Posts, records, theories, essays, case studies, and the like on this ancient and noble art of divination.
- Hermetica — Posts, musings, thoughts, explanations, and inventions based on the corpora Hermetica, the various texts of classical Hermeticism (or Hermetism).
- Mathesis — Posts regarding my Neoplatonic Neopythagorean work involving the Tetractys, the Greek alphabet, and theurgy.
- Creative — Writings, drawings, and other acts of inspiration made manifest.
- Materia — Supplies, tools, and other miscellaneous posts about things one might need to Work.
- Ocha — Posts involving or discussing certain limited things in La Regla de Ocha Lukumí, more popularly known as Santería.
- Internet — Posts and ramblings about various things on or pertaining to the Internet.
- Link — Posts that link to cool things on the Internet, like books, for sale listings, other blogs, etc.
- Whining — Occasionally, I hate the world, and then I vomit words.
- News — Updates, warnings, information, and other impending disasters that may befall you.
Feel free to subscribe and comment on my blog by email or by WordPress, and definitely check me out and subscribe/follow/like The Digital Ambler on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/digitalambler/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/polyphanes
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/polyphanes/
You can also contact me directly by using the form on the Contact page. If you’re curious to see what I can do for you personally, check out my Services page, my Books page, or my Etsy shop (polyphanes) and take a look around for talismans, jewelry, ritual gear, and ebooks!
For the more technical-minded, if you’re just interested in the raw RSS feeds for this website, here are the links for those:
I’ve also been mentioned or featured in the following articles and interviews:
- The Cavalier Daily (October 16, 2009), Different kind of consulting
- Blog Talk Radio (September 12, 2014), Our guest reader series with Sam Block
- Rune Soup (September 20, 2017), Talking Geomancy with Sam Block
- Witches & Wine (March 26 and 27, 2018), Geomancy 101 – History and Theory, Geomancy 101 – Practical Applications
- Witches & Wine (July 17 and 27, 2018), Geomantic Magic: part I and part II
- My Alchemical Bromance by Arnemancy (September 12, 2018), Episode 38: Sam Block on Geomancy and the PGM
- Glitch Bottle (April 22, 2019), #047 – Geomancy, Grimoires & Goals with Sam Block
- Jailbreak the Sacred (June 18, 2019), Episode 9 — Lines in the Sand & Lines in the Soul with Sam Block
- Coffee & Divination (April 29, 2020), Episode 1 — Geomancy with Sam Block
- Talk Gnosis (July 15, 2020), Divination, Geomancy, & Occult Wisdom w/ Sam Block
- What Magic is This? (November 21, 2020), Hermetic Magic with Sam Block
- Arnemancy (November 25, 2020), Hermetica with Sam Block
- What Magic is This? (June 17 and 25, 2021), Hermeticism with Erik & Sam, part I and part II
- Coffee & Divination (June 18, 2021), Episode 15 — Grammatomancy and Hermeticism with Sam Block
- The Astrology Podcast (February 16, 2021), #339 — Hermeticism and Ancient Astrology
Interested in supporting The Digital Ambler? You can donate quickly and easily through Ko-fi and help me continue writing posts, researching for books, creating crafts, and other endeavors! Any and every little bit counts, and you’ll have my unending thanks.