Being an active blogger, apparently, and who gets a decent amount of daily traffic (who recently passed the 100K hit count, thank you guys so much!), I like to amuse and confuse myself at what you guys actually like to read here. I mean, seeing how I blog on everything from orgone technology to angelic conjurations and religious politics, I’ve got a fair bit of knowledge built up and a good number of posts to help share it. Still, every so often I wonder why people read my blog, and what they might be interested in reading. After all, feedback is one way to fine-tune writing, and you, dearest readers, are just the ones to give it! So, here are a few questions for you to consider and answer down in the comments below:
- What drew you to my blog in the first place? How’d you hear about it, and how do you tend to read it (RSS feed, WordPress Reader, links from Twitter or Facebook, etc.)? Do you ever bother to check out the comments on the posts? Do you ever bother to comment on the posts?
- I’ve made a fair number of designs for Tables of Practices, talismans, lamens, and the like. Have you found any of them to be useful in your own work? Have you made anything incorporating or based off of the designs you’ve found here? Are there any designs in particular you’d like to see me create, improve, or focus on in the future? Are there any seals, images, sigils, or pictures from magical texts you’d like to see me redraw or remake for a new age?
- I really enjoyed doing my series of posts on geomancy, De Geomanteia, since it’s a large topic that I know a lot about and enjoy talking about. Are there any other series you’d like me to consider doing in the future? Any other large topics you’d like me to delve into more thoroughly, both for my benefit and yours? What would you like me to talk about, generally and specifically? One series I thought about doing would be a modern reinterpretation of images of the Zodiac (e.g. Virgo as the Robot Bitch, Aquarius as the Internet-Addicted Jihadi, etc.); would you all be interested in things like this?
- One of the most-viewed pages on my blog is my post on the shorthand I developed for personal use. I never expected this to be so popular a thing, but I guess a lot more people are interested in stenography than occultism. Do any of you actually use this shorthand? If so, have you used it for sigilization, simple writing, calligraphy, or just as an exercise in bored creativity? Are there any other posts you come here specifically to reference (the page on Planetary Conjurations from the Munich Manual is another popular one)?
- I hear tell that a lot of people are impressed with the vast knowledge and intellect I display here on my blog (I disagree with the qualifications and adjectives used), but some readers have expressed interest in simpler, introductory-level posts every so often for the beginner or less bored. What kinds of introductions, 100-style topics would you like to see me discuss? Or would you rather me stick to the higher-level, philosophical stuff? Would you rather me put things in terms of theory and back-end occult mechanics, or actual ritual and real-world experiences, or some mix of the two?
- Are there any other blogs you know of similar to this one as far as topics, philosophy, magic, and the like go that you’d suggest (and aren’t already in the blogroll to the right)? I’m always on the lookout to expand my blogosphere and knowledge by observing the work of others who actually do the Work.
- What are some of your interests in the occult? Are you more into hearth- or kitchen-witchery? Do you dig Western ceremonial, grimoire, or Solomonic magic? Are you more of an energy worker, orgone/radionics/reiki channeler, or a psionics practitioner? Do you read for the philosophy or the practice? Are you here just for the lulz and passing interests, or are you here to start yourself off on your own path? Do you have a label for yourself, or do you describe yourself by what you do? Do you have a specific culture or racial heritage you tie yourself and your work to?
- I live, work, and Work in the Washington, DC area of the US, and do readings and offer classes at Sticks and Stones in Fairfax, VA. Are any of my readers close enough to get a small get-together going for magicians and occultists? If I were to offer classes at Sticks and Stones with a focus on Hermetic magic and the like, what would you like to see me teach, if you could come by?
If you read my blog regularly, or even if this is your first time browsing around, feel free to leave a bit of feedback in the comments below. Help me make my blog more awesome, and everyone’ll benefit. I don’t have much to entice you with to make you comment, but I can give you a hug through the ether if that’s okay. This isn’t to change the focus or scope of the blog (it is still my blog, after all), but knowing what some of my readers think can help me get more ideas myself.