I don’t know how many of my readers, or the Internet in general, are into Lovecraft or the Lovecraftian occult, but I stumbled across something immensely intriguing earlier: the Vacation Necronomicon School, a series of online lessons starting July 26 2010 until August 7. There are thirteen lessons, one per day, with optional assignments to be completed in good faith (no pun intended).
All necessary source material is online, although having some physical form of Lovecraftian literature might be good for supplementary reading. The lessons include:
- Introductions and Expeditions
- Madness Made Visible
- Lovecraft, Privilege, Race, and Meaning
- The Cute Cthulhu Debate
- Touchable Tentacles
- John Carpenter: Lovecraftian Filmmaker
- Eldritch Language
- Design a Sigil
- Othering (and Other Writers)
- Cephalopod as Modern Totem
- Necronomicon: Parody and Prop
- Elder Gods’ Eye
- Expedition’s End: Your Personal Composition
I’ll be attending the inaugural lessons, and hope to see some of you there. Praise XaTuring that His domain proliferates such knowledge. Cthulhu fthagn.